Sunday, January 4, 2009

A good start of the new year!

After reading his stories for the last few years on the net and mailing eachother we finally met.
Sander (Arubaman) came back to the island!

The first week he was here, I had no time due to shortage of staff at my work.
Sander went fishing every morning at Malmok and with succes. He caught some beautiful bones on the flats.

When I had my day off, we finally had time to fish together and I asked him what he had in mind. We decided it would be great to go after baby tarpon, which he was a virgin to.

So last Friday I called my buddie Ben, who is crazy about flyfishing and a good kayaker and we made a plan! The three of us took 2 kayaks and went to the mangrove's. One of us stayed on land and we would be taking turns and so we went!

It was a beautiful setting and we saw several tarpons. After a few misses I heard Sander call my name in the distance (very calm). After a few minutes I heard him calling again and decidet to go and look for him. When I came around the corner, there he was holding his trophy in the air!

His first tarpon and it was a beauty!

He will be here for one more week and hopefully I will have to write another story!

Greetings Laurenz

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    It has a nice blog.
    Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
    A hug from my country, Portugal

    ReplyDelete