Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thanks Mike

Two day's ago Mike and I went fishing again looking for bone or snook.
The whole morning we fished and it was not the best day on the water, we did catch a flounder and a big needle fish.
Mike caught a fish of which we are not sure what it was and released it fast. The scenery was beautiful but we were determent to catch something cool.
Because of the weather it was difficult to do sight fishing and we went to the edge off a little reef and tried some blind casting.
And boy's will be boy's; we ended up trying to cast as far as possible and did succeed in casting the whole line of the reel!
After a few cast off the reef, Mike got a hit and hooked a beautiful and very strong rainbow runner!
First I thought he was stuck to the bottom because his rod was bent completely and than I heard his reel screaming and realized he's smiling like a young boy.
It took a while to land the fish and it made our day. Fishing with light materials make catching rainbow runners a lot of fun.
Mike who is a very good fly tier, left me some beautiful flies that I cannot wait to use!
Thanks Mike and see you next year!

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    It has a nice blog.
    Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
    A hug from my country, Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laurenz! Hope everything is great. Here i Sweden it's freezing. You wouldn´t liked it here right now=) Snow and cold winds. I haven´t been fishing for several days... It sucks! Still think about the bone I missed when I was in Aruba... /Mattias

    ReplyDelete